Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Douglas Ram Samuj

These are some of the first scarves I made when I started this project a few months ago. The printed material was made by the late Douglas Ram Samuj who came to Los Angeles from Australia, in the sixties, to create hand printed fabrics. I had a very limited quantity of this 1960's linen fabric. I was able to make just a couple of short scarves. But I have a few other Douglas Ram Samuj fabrics, so check here later for more scarves from his wonderful hand printed fabrics. I backed this with linen/rayon blend fabric in a matching shade of blue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!!
    I am just beside myself!!! My grandmothers cousin was Dougs partner!!! They were together for many years and lived together in Beverly Hills CA. We have a lot of Dougs fabrics signed by him!!! Do you have any more information about a him or his fabrics?

    ReplyDelete